January 2011 Goals

In process...

Friday, September 17, 2010

Insanity Catch up!

Hey all!

Things got a little messy this week with working out.

On both Mon and Tues I felt sick as I worked out and didn't feel like I did a great job. Come Wednesday, I had a morning Bible Study to go to and I didn't get home until 2pm (due to talking and lunch).

I had my body combat class to teach that night and since it was a new routine, I wanted to practice it before 6pm and found I also needed to rest...I was just exhausted!

I taught my class and felt incredibly good. I wasn't even winded! I think that is due to the help of Insanity. All those workouts are so tough that everything else feels like a breeze :)

anyway, I came home from class and did Pure Cardio. After the warm-up, I realized I wasn't going to be able to do Cardio abs. I was getting tired again.

So I finished Pure Cardio and headed to bed.

Thursday morning I wake up and just as I'm opening my eyes, INTENSE PAIN hits them. My eyes had dried out again and opened an old wound. I tried putting cold compresses on my eyes to help them. I couldn't even open them at this point. The compress helped my left eye but not my right eye. I waited until noon before I called my doc to see if I could come in. I still couldn't open my right eye....too painful. It's like having a wood sliver stuck in your eye..yeah, just imagine how that would feel! yikes!

I went to the doc and he said the scratch was a pretty significant size. In order to heal, I had two choices. Get a contact put over the scratch and come back Sunday to get it out (while taking antibiotics) or get some new gel put in there with the antibiotics and sit around with my eyes closed. I opted for the contact. To top it all off, I got my 'monthly visitor' and am feeling very lethargic....which might also explain why I was feeling sick on Mon and Tues.

I had to completely skip my workout yesterday due to all of this though :( I thought I will just make it up on Sunday.

Today I feel much better. I am still seeing double in my right eye, but a lot of the pain was gone. I'm also still quite tired. I did my workout but my legs felt like lead! I also did Cardio Abs today. I was going to do them Sunday, but I saw that Monday's workout is Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs so I didn't want to have them back to back.

Eating is going ok. I am not binging at night as my journal tells me I have been, but I still need to keep a close eye on that and make sure I spread out my food to all meals and not hoard it for one meal.

Well that's it for today...time for an eye break!

1 comment: